Thursday 2 December 2010

Snow respite

Well, the snow finally seems to have slowed down enough for me to catch my breath. Freezing fog is supposed to be our treat for tomorrow. That should prove interesting! I grew up in Nova Scotia where freezing rain was often an alternative to the snow. I stayed put whenever that happened as the ground ended up as smooth as glass and acted like a skating rink. It was a recipe for a trip to casualty otherwise.

I have made one cautious trip out in the car and managed all right on the roads. I'm not keen on walking anywhere as the paths are dreadful, and most car parks are mid-calf deep in filthy slush. However, it does require a day by day assessment.

I'm not sure if my stitched scenes will make it up on the walls of the cafe in Saltwell Towers on Monday though. They are really blocked in so I'll just have to wait and see. If you are thinking of making a trip there to see my work, best check my blog again before you set out to make sure that my work is there.

No comments:

Post a Comment