Saturday 3 April 2010

Jobs on the go

Well, I made the mistake of fiddling with my page tabs at the top just one more time. I encountered a lot of problems with the HTML formatting so I'm going to leave well enough alone for the moment even though the formatting is not consistent across the board. I may experiment with the new Blogger Template Designer in future to see if I can find an easier way of posting. However, that is going to have to wait until I do a couple of other jobs first.

One of these jobs is to link into social networking sites in some way. I have noticed some other cross stitch companies doing this so I thought I'd experiment with that as well. I would rather not blatantly advertise my business on relevant group pages though. Yes, I might pick up a few sales that way, but the group pages really have a different purpose. I suspect I would stand a better chance of just annoying people. It doesn't feel quite right to me to blatantly advertise there despite the fact that others do so. I'll add my blog address in any special areas specifically set up by the groups for that purpose, but I won't take it any further than that unless I have received permission to do so.

The other thing I really must do this week is to get organised for the Morpeth Gathering. Posting here may therefore become a bit scarce until after the 11th of April. I'm getting quite excited about it. I've been attending the Gathering for several years now, usually as a competitor in a couple of different events that interest me. This time will see me selling my charts instead, as well as demonstrating my craft. I will miss the events in which I have participated but the time has come to move on. I'm sure this new move will prove equally exciting and interesting for me. Hope to see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment