Friday 20 April 2012

Next on the agenda

Now that the Morpeth Northumbrian Gathering has ended and I've met my deadline with the commissioned piece, I can look at my calendar.

Blackwork demonstrations are next on my agenda. April 29, 2012 will find me at Cherryburn National Trust (11 a.m. - 3 p.m.). May 1 will see me demonstrating blackwork at St. Mary's Heritage Centre in Gateshead for the opening of their exhibition on Thomas Bewick. I will also be around at the latter venue on May 12, 19, 20, 26 & 27. In all cases, I will be interpreting Thomas Bewick's prints in blackwork, primarily through textile postcards that I have designed based on his work. I am looking forward to this opportunity as I've always felt that much of his work would lend itself well to this medium.

Now it's time to get on with the myriad of things that need to be done in preparation for these events. Hope to see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment