Sunday 29 April 2012

Blackwork Demonstration at Cherryburn

Thought I would post a quick few words to remind you that I am demonstrating blackwork at Cherryburn National Trust today from 11-3. I'm turning a couple of Thomas Bewick's prints into textile postcards in the process. Well, I'll be working towards that end as it takes a bit of time to actually stitch the picture onto the cloth. I'm sticking with double running stitch as much as possible as that was the traditional stitch used when blackwork first began. Also, it means that the postcard itself stands a chance of making it through the post without snagging on anything along the way. Hope you'll want to come along to see what I'm up to. There is no extra charge - just the regular fee to view the property.

No comments:

Post a Comment