Thursday 12 April 2012

Morpeth Northumbrian Gathering approaches

I just realised that the Morpeth Northumbrian Gathering is about to start and I haven't posted anything to say about it. So, here comes a quick entry.

I'll be having my customary table in the craft exhibition room in the Corn Exchange at the Town Hall. There is a small fee for viewing the exhibition... well worth it as the quality of the work on display has always been of a very high standard.

Last year, I worked on my blackwork design which was made specially for the Gathering. This year, I'm once again demonstrating blackwork by turning some of the Gathering's more popular 'characters', who featured on that design, into textile postcards. Yes! They really can be sent through the post! A lot of people like to make them as collectors items as well because they display nicely in the house without taking up a lot of room or requiring expensive framing. If I have a particularly productive day today, I might even have a bookmark to accompany them.

My usual cross stitch patterns will also be coming along. If you wished you'd bought one of them when you saw them the last time, there is no fear as the opportunity to do has arisen again. I'll be there for the entire weekend (Friday through Sunday) so I hope to see you there. I love to chat with people so there is no worry about disturbing me while I work.

No comments:

Post a Comment