Monday 2 August 2010

Seaton Delaval Hall centrestage experience

All I can really say about yesterday at Seaton Delaval Hall is "Wow"! I haven't talked to so many people for a very long time. Far more of you stopped to have a chat than the week before - many thanks for that. I honestly don't know where the time went.

Needless to say, not a lot of stitching was accomplished, but at least I did have enough in place before I arrived so you could get some idea of what I was doing. Working for oneself can sometimes be quite isolating so it is really useful to be out in the public eye from time to time. You are proving to be quite a motivator for me so I sure hope I will be granted a few more spots there.

And, I must also give a big "thank you" to the National Trust for granting me these centrestage spots. It allows my business to stand out from the crowd. It's a bit different to the usual sort of publicity such as flyers and adverts. I appreciate the opportunity to 'put a face on my business'.

So, what's next? Well, I shall keep working on my Seaton Delaval Hall design so there is even more progress to show the next time I'm there. And I would like to finish the hoopoe design so that chart can go on sale. So it's onwards and upwards with drawing pictures on fabric using needle and thread!

No comments:

Post a Comment