Monday 4 January 2010

New Year Inspiration

Happy New Year everyone!


I am off to a good start for the New Year so I am hoping that the momentum will continue. My Spring at Cragside and Saltwell Park designs are now on display in the cafe at Saltwell Towers. They will stay there until January 29th. Saltwell Park looks gorgeous under its blanket of snow so I can highly recommend a visit even at this time of year. By the way, I've had some inspiration for two more designs featuring Saltwell Park thanks to the weather and the Enchanted Parks event that was held there in December. Those will become available later in the year when I display more of my work at Saltwell Towers in December of 2010.


I have also spent some time at Gibside National Trust in order to capture the atmosphere created by the recent snowfall. A new design featuring the Chapel is definitely on the horizon, and there may even be a second of the Banqueting Hall to follow hot on its heels. I have been talking with Lynn Huggins-Cooper who runs the Gibside Arts Organisation in the Stables at Gibside. Before too much longer, I hope to have my charts on sale there and will probably be demonstrating some cross stitch and blackwork techniques from time to time. I will list the dates as I firm them up.


So, it is all go at the moment. I hope that the New Year is bringing you as much excitement as it is me, and that I'll see some of you at Gibside during the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment