Sunday 13 November 2016

After the presentation

I would like to take this opportunity to thank the Embroiderers Guild in Hexham for inviting me to talk to your members on the subject of designing blackwork in the 21st century. I thoroughly enjoyed talking with so many of you afterwards; I always find that part easier than the actual presentation. You made me feel very welcome and the discussion that ensued afterwards has helped to inspire further confidence in my own work. I don't profess to be an expert in the field - I simply enjoy pushing the boundaries to see what kind of artwork I can produce by incorporating historic techniques such as blackwork and cross stitching into it. And I hope in some small way that I have encouraged some of you to find more of the artist within yourselves as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment