Thursday 19 August 2010

Preparations

It's that time of the week again... preparation time for tomorrow's centre stage spot at Seaton Delaval Hall.

centre stage spot for Linda Morris, Seaton Delaval Hall
This is what I'm aiming for when I prepare for my day at the hall. Don't be fooled by the lack of people in this picture. Believe me, I talk to a lot of people throughout the day! I just thought I'd catch the scene before the view was blocked.

So, today is being spent getting all the loose ends sorted out. I'm ironing the table cloths, printing out some more promotional material, and packing everything into a suitcase. Everything, that is, except for my design of Seaton Delaval Hall. I'll continue to work on that once everything else is ready.

Meanwhile, here's a picture of what I've done so far...

blackwork design of Seaton Delaval Hall
© Linda Morris, 2010
I am actually using brown thread on a natural colour linen but it is still loosely considered to be blackwork. I chose brown because the black clashed with this particular fabric. I am stitching across two threads of the fabric so it works out the same as had I stitched on 14 count Aida. I chose linen over Aida because I thought it better suited the historic nature of this property. It is also easier to make straighter lines where necessary. I'll try to finish off the details that require a lot of concentration so I can get on with the seed stitch I have in mind for highlighting the rest of the stonework tomorrow.

Lots to do so I shall leave this for now with more to come at a later date.

No comments:

Post a Comment